Information regarding the 13-14 Majors Swine Validation process: Forms and guidelines are located in the "Documents" section below.
Temple Tagger must be ordered from Temple Tags (254-982-4212) or you may use the Allflex Total Tagger (red).
Please read this document for dates, procedures and guidelines. These dates and deadlines are based on postmarks printed on the envelopes.
All official validation and tagging will occur on or before 12:00pm November 30th 2013 in the presence of the County Swine Validation Committee.
- Only the Swine Validation Chairman from each county may order tags.
- Orders – must be postmarked on or before September 1st thru September 30th 2013 – fee is $8.00 per tag. Please use an address where the tags are to be shipped, an e-mail address & cell number where this office can contact the requestor during the FALL!!! Orders received in September will begin packaging & mail out as of the second or third week of October.
- Late Tag orders – postmarked between October 1st – October 31st, 2013 - fee is $11.00 per tag.
- PRIORITY ORDERS – FAXED ONLY: November 1ST thru November 8th 2013. FAX NUMBER: 512-476-2894. Fee is $11 per tag PLUS $20 postage/handling fee. Orders will not be mailed out after November 9th 2013---No Exceptions!
The following materials must be completed and returned to the FFA office postmarked on or before December 6th.
If the county information is due in the FFA office December 6th 2013 --- Any paperwork not in the office after December 13th 2013 will not be processed. Swine could be declared ineligible.
- Manila copies - must be filed in alphabetical order and secured (secure with rubber bands or clips. DO NOT STAPLE). If you information is not properly filed and secured it will be returned to the county at the county’s expense.
- Hair envelopes – must have last name and then first name (printed and signed), filed alphabetically and secured (rubber bands or clips). RETURN UNUSED ENVELOPES -- Do not presign or enter any data on these envelopes, as this voids the envelope. The return of unused envelopes enables us to keep rising cost of tags down – envelopes cost $2.65 each.
- Signed Ethics Policies – signature page only in alphabetical order and secured. DO NOT STAPLE TO VALIDATION FORMS
- Signed Committee Forms
- Excel Spreadsheet – hard copy must be mailed with the forms & hair cards. Must email copy to: email@example.com.
- Change of ownership forms must be faxed into the FFA office on or before November 30th 2013.
- Ear notch correction and ear tag replacement forms must be completed and faxed to the FFA office on or before December 16th 2013. All forms after this date - must be hand delivered to the Texas FFA Swine Representative at the show.
TAG ALTERATIONS – any change to size, shape, form or color will void the tag---tag will be replaced at the stock show & replacement cost will be charged to the individual. Your cooperation in this process is greatly appreciated!
PAT FANCHER, TEXAS FFA ASSOCIATION – SWINE VALIDATION COORDINATOR
Office Phone: 512-480-8045