***AS OF 10/24/2015 A NEW VERSION OF THE 2014 LDE RULES WERE POSTED TO RECTIFY DISCREPANCIES WITH THE JOB INTERVIEW SCORE CARD.
Revisions and Changes to the 2014 LDE Rules and Procedures
1. Clarification on implementation of Gray’s Guide: There will no changes for the 2014 events. In 2015, we will begin using the corrected versions of current motions and procedures, and in 2016 we will consider adding new motions.
2. Clarification Senior FFA Skills Demonstration Contest: Judges will be reminded that the questions asked must only be to provide further clarification from the presentation. (Rule #7: “Questions asked by the judges MUST be derived directly from the skill that was performed.”)
3. Change: Rule#5 in the Greenhand and Senior Quiz to read: “Teams may begin the event at the designated start time or at any time thereafter until 10:00 a.m.”
5. Addition: plagiarism statement as Rule #9 in FFA Broadcasting and Rule #7 in Agricultural Issues.
(Inserted as Rule 9 in FFA Broadcasting and Rule 7 in Ag Issues Forum.)
“This event requires original work by the team’s members and their advisor(s); thus, plagiarism is not permitted. Plagiarism is defined as:
- Reproducing someone else’s sentences more or less verbatim, and presenting them as your own
6. Public Relations (Rule #5), Agricultural Advocacy (Rule #5) and FFA Broadcasting (Rule #9) removed the word “one” so that there is the option to have multiple advisors/designees assist with set up/equipment testing within the current time allotted.
7. The Texas FFA Inclement Weather Policy was added to the general LDE rules to establish a method of addressing any weather issues from an event management standpoint.
8. Clarification from a 2013 Revision: Chapter Quiz
d) 60 questions from the current issues of Texas Farm Facts, with the exclusion of “Top County” information for each commodity; and from the Ag Issues Current Events published for the current LDE season. These references will be posted for download on the Texas FFA website and should represent a cross-section of disciplines and interests in the agricultural community. Current Issues and Current Events should be limited to ten total current issues and events.
This was a revision passed by the Texas FFA BOD of 2013, but was missed by Texas FFA staff. We have rectified it for this year.